Car Accident Questions

Nashville, Tennessee

* Required | Privacy Policy

What steps should I take if I have been involved in a car accident?
The first and most important step after an car accident is to immediately contact the police to ensure that medical personnel are en route to provide assistance to those in need. Additional steps to take are:

  • Remain calm
  • Speak with any potential witnesses and gather their personal information
  • Exchange vital information with other parties involved in the car accident, including name, address, license plate number, phone number and insurance information
  • Take photos of the scene and damage, if possible
  • Contact your insurance company, but never sign paperwork or give a statement as it may limit your financial entitlement
  • Contact an experienced car accident injury attorney

Should I accept medical treatment even if I feel fine?
Yes. By refusing medical treatment at the scene of an accident, you may limit your future entitlements. Often car accident injuries do not become apparent until after the adrenaline subsides or much later in the case of spinal cord injuries, which are common car accident injuries.

If you do not accept medical treatment at the scene of the accident and later do with a personal doctor or hospital, insurance companies will attempt to prove you are being deceitful with your claims, thus limiting your financial compensation.

What information should I provide other parties with?
Only inform other parties of your name, address, phone number, insurance information, driver's license number and license plate. Never apologize or blurt out anything that may imply blame, such as, “I was on my cell phone and didn't see you,” or “I can't believe I failed to signal.”

What am I entitled to financially?
If another driver's negligence caused your car accident, you are entitled to financial compensation for:

  • Car repairs or replacement, if necessary
  • Lost wages and/or diminished earning capacity
  • Medical expenses
  • emotional and physical pain and suffering
  • Rental car payment

Why do I need a car accident attorney?
If you have been involved in a car accident and are entitled to financial compensation, insurance companies will attempt to minimize their payments to you. You need the power of an experienced, car accident attorney, such as those at James R. Omer & Associates, PLLC, who understand the nuances of the law and will fight for your financial entitlement while you seek medical treatment and return to work.

If you have sustained physical or emotional car accident injuries in the Nashville, Tennessee area, please contact James R. Omer & Associates PLLC today so you can receive the monetary compensation you are entitled to.

Tennessee Attorneys